Thursday, March 28, 2013

Juice - what to put it in?

Well, followers of my blog (all 2 of you) I have been studying quite intently on storage.  Why?  Well, I am a nut (you know that) about toxins.  I feel (personal opinion) that toxins from non-natural "things" contribute a lot to our declining health in this nation.  There is evidence that endocrine disruptors in plastics (and other chemicals in common items) affect our health in many ways (not good).  So, out with plastic and its ilk.

Lately, I have found (to my dismay) that even stainless steel -gasp can leach heavy metals into food and beverage (although, if it is good quality the amounts should be negligible).  But, worse, ALL stainless steel containers are made in CHINA.  Ugh.  I mean, I don't hate Chinese people, but I really don't like the way our big businesses send our jobs to China to exploit cheap labor and avoid stiff environmental regulation.  It just means the Chinese people get our jobs and our pollution and we are not guaranteed good quality or good products, just cheap ones.  Kleen Kanteen, out.

Soooo....what then picky woman?? 

GLASS!!!!!!  But you cry, it breaks!!!  It's dangerous.  Pshaw.

Check out these wonderful items.  I make no money from these.

Hercuglass - super-hard glass. Cool.

Lifefactory - super cute, nice silicone covers

Libbey - makers of truly USA made glassware.

So, my goal is to 1-get rid of plastics (no endocrine disruption in my house please) and 2 - get more glass!




No comments:

Post a Comment