Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I tried a new recipe this morning - one that I just thought up.  I call it "Better Red than Dead".  It was a beautiful ruby red color (I forgot to take a pic).  Here are the ingredients:

1 medium beet
4 carrots
2 stalks of celery

It was incredibly delicious! 

I also tried a new method of making juice in the Vitamix blender - not a success!  :-(  I tried to add oranges, mangos and strawberries to the blender and blending until smooth.  Then, I thought I would strain the juice out.  I used my mesh strainer that I have been using for the greens.  Failure!  I think I might have done ok with a nutmilk bag but I don't have those.  It was a smoothie.

I really like my Breville Juicer for roots, apples, other firm fruits and veggies.  And the Vitamix is doing well with the greens.  I think I need a third option for softer fruits.  I hate wet pulp!  It seems like such a waste!  Well, my garden thinks it is pretty awesome but I don't like throwing away all that juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment